The staff members, according to their own scopes of practice, perform the following services in support of clinical trials that are being done by Morehouse School of Medicine faculty:
- Preparation of documents and processes prior to the opening of a clinical trial;
- Screening of potential research patients;
- Participation in the process of the informed consent of a research patient;
- Enrollment and follow-up of participating research patients, including physical assessments in accordance with specific study protocols;
- Physical assessments including EKG;
- Obtaining specimens from research patients, such as blood and urine samples, and preparing them for shipment to various laboratories;
- Completion of study data collections forms utilizing a Research Data Capture System(REDCap).
- Provide clinical services (blood pressure, hight, weight, screening, etc.) at Community Events.