You must have the Adobe Flash Player installed to view this player.
The primary focus of the Analytical Chemistry Laboratory is to provide reliable and comprehensive analytical services to basic and clinical researchers. These services include:
- Custom sample analysis by High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
- Electrolytes analyses
- Sample preparation (derivatization and extraction/purification)
- Data reports and QC reports
- Consultation in analytical techniques and methodology
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC): Custom analyses by HPLC can include (but not limited to): amino acids; thiols (total, oxidized, reduced); chiral and racemic compounds such as warfarin and clenbuterol; etc.
- Agilent 1100 series HPLC equipped with a diode array detector (DAD), variable wavelength detector (VWD), 1046 series fluorescence detector.
- Agilent 1100 series HPLC system equipped with 1100 series fluorescence detector.
- Molecular Devices SpectroMax Plus microtiter plate reader and variable wavelength UV-Visible spectrophotometer to perform Colorimetric and Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent assays.
- NOVA Electrolytes Analyzer for analyses of Na+, P+, TCa+, Li+, Cl- in biological fluids.
The Analytical Chemistry Laboratory performs custom testing and has a standard fee schedule for services. The fee structure is based on the amount of time required to process the samples (extraction, derivatization, etc.) and the cost of supplies and reagents. For non-NIH sponsored projects (MSM and outside institutions and corporations), labor costs are assessed. A complete listing of currently available tests or cost per requested assay can be emailed or faxed upon request. Additionally, since the Analytical Chemistry Laboratory performs custom testing, if the requested assay is not on the list, please contact the core leader directly for test availability and the most up-to-date pricing.
Natalia Silvestrov, MS
Phone: (404) 756-5007
Dr. Michael Powell
Proteomics Core Leader
Phone: (404) 752-1582