Morehouse School of Medicine, Community Physicians’ Network and Clinical Research Pathways (CPN/CRP) is Practice Based Research Network (PBRN) recognized by the Health and Human Services Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). CPN/CRP practices partner with Morehouse School of Medicine to deliver excellence in patient centered healthcare. Membership is open to physicians of all specialties. CPN/CRP’s goal is to eliminate healthcare disparities through excellence in quality healthcare, clinical research and continuing medical education.
Practice Eligibility Criteria
- Georgia independent practice (not hospital owned)
- Practice or health system patient demographic includes at least 30% African American or Hispanic patients. Practices can include other underserved minority patients such as Asians, Native Americans, Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders in their demographic count to meet eligibility.
- Practice will complete annual Business Associate Agreement with MSM
- Practice will complete Master Agreement to include 1) use of single IRB; 2) agree to initiate up to 4 CTRIN clinical protocols each year 3) Prioritize trials ahead of non-trials
- Practices will register their practice EMR and support personnel and agree to remote access/interrogation by MSM CTRIN team as needed to determine eligible patients for potential protocols
Benefits of Membership:
- Electronic data standards for quality reporting to reach and sustain meaningful use
- Real time disease specific registries to support quality reporting and clinical trials
- Access to innovative patient centered technologies for health, wellness and chronic disease management, e.g. eHealthystrides
- Educational workshops, expert roundtables and continuing medical education (CME)
- Facilitate Adoption and Implementation of Meaningful use EMR in collaboration with GA Regional Extension Center
- Clinical trials training and certification of physicians and clinical staff
- Comparative effectiveness research workshops sponsored by Morehouse School of Medicine and the Georgia Clinical Translational Science Alliance (Georgia CTSA)
- Adjunct faculty appointment with Morehouse School of Medicine
CRP – How Can I Join, and What Do I need to Do?