Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC): Custom analyses by HPLC can include (but not limited to): amino acids; thiols (total, oxidized, reduced); chiral and racemic compounds such as warfarin and clenbuterol; etc.
- Agilent 1100 series HPLC equipped with a diode array detector (DAD), variable wavelength detector (VWD), 1046 series fluorescence detector.
- Agilent 1100 series HPLC system equipped with 1100 series fluorescence detector.
- Molecular Devices SpectroMax Plus microtiter plate reader and variable wavelength UV-Visible spectrophotometer to perform Colorimetric and Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent assays.
- NOVA Electrolytes Analyzer for analyses of Na+, P+, TCa+, Li+, Cl- in biological fluids.
Protein Profiling /2D Gel Lab
The Protein Profiling / 2D Gel core lab houses a Thermo-Finnigan LTQ LC/MS/MS system for protein identification and screening for Post-Translational Modifications (PTMs). The core lab also houses a BioPlex bead sorter, which allows for the analysis of multiple analytes from a single, small volume sample (for example, kits are available to measure 40 different cytokines in the same sample). The 2D Gel lab houses a BioRad automated spot picker (Proteome Works) and a BioRad gel imager (Molecular imagerFX). Bundled with this package is the latest version of PDQuest 8.0 for analysis of expression data from gels. Together this equipment allows us to offer services such as protein identification and analysis of protein modifications. We can also offer differential protein expression analysis by both gel and LC/MS/MS analysis.