The overall goal of the Morehouse School of Medicine Research Web Portal for clinical/translational research is to integrate clinical and translational research information, data and knowledge resources, and provide a single point of entry for researchers across MSM and outside collaborations. The Research Web Portal also securely links to both internal and external Clinical and Translational Data Repositories such as i2b2 for collaborative and larger scale research projects and communicates internally and across collaborative research sites. The web-portal provides a secured interface for participants involved in the Health360x (Microsoft HealthVault project) to interact with the health vault data repository.
- An intuitive user interface where investigators can quickly and easily browse for information
- A search engine for accurate and precise searches across MSM’s resources
- Portlet technology that follows national standards (such as JSR 286) that will allow integration into applications and databases
- Role-based authentication and authorization system to ensure only appropriate individuals have access to the appropriate resources
- Federation-based authorization (pending) to facilitate collaboration across multiple institutions and work within a multi-institutional consortium